To begin, I need to point out that I’ve never read any books on Automatic Writing; neither have I read any blogs, nor have I had any type of formal training regarding them. So saying, what I call an Automatic Writing Reading (AWR) may be vastly different from those who have written books on the subject and/or formally teach the subject. So be it.
The only thing I do know for sure about my method is that it works. Not only does this work for me, but for various clients, family and friends who I’ve given these instructions to over the years. Some of the aforementioned were psychics with training, some were people who thought they might have some psychic ability (but didn’t know for sure), and then some were just people who were interested, but had no clue if trying my method would even work for them. Regardless of where you fall in the spectrum, I can tell you that thus far, every single person I gave these instructions to has had success–not to mention some very bizarre and eye opening experiences (lol….).
Okay. Let’s get started.
What exactly is an AWR: To me, this is sitting before a blank piece of paper with a pen in hand, or before a blank word document on a computer, you stare off into space, ask your deity a question you want answers about, and then, whatever word, picture or feeling pops into your head, no matter how bizarre, you write/type the word, group of words, and/or description of the picture/feeling.
You continue to write words until no more words come to you.
When you are done writing/typing, you will see that coherent sentences, thoughts, ideas, and pictures were formed. Even more interesting, you will see these sentences have specific meaning to you!
Some people choose to ask specific questions while others just say, “What do you want me to know?”
Here are my steps:
1. Find a quiet place; no distractions. The less physical items you have to distract you (books, pictures, toys, knick-knacks) the better.
2. Find a ‘focal point.’ A focal point is an object you can look at or ‘zone out on’ while you are writing or typing. I tell people the easiest focal point is a candle flame. So light one and set it at least 4-5 feet away from you. (I’ll talk more on different focal points later).
3. Open a blank word document on your computer. If you can’t type, then use a piece of paper and a pen. Typing is better for a variety of reason, so if you are able to type at all without having to look at the keys, I’d suggest typing. There are no points deducted for typing slow or misspelling words, so don’t worry about that.
4. Type out the date at the top of the document, skip a line, and type out your question. Simple questions are best. For beginners, I always say to start simple; don’t ask any long, convoluted questions. Also, beginners find that specific questions are better for them. I’ve been doing this for twenty-plus years, so a lot of times, I’ll ask “What do you want me to know?” And that will be my only question. But that’s just me, and I have a very simplistic life, with very few questions about what’s coming for me in the future. For 99% of the world, that’s abnormal and they will have lots of questions!
5. Legs uncrossed, hands on ‘home row,’ focus on your candle flame and take 3 deep ‘meditative’ breaths (Meditative breathing is: breath in through the nose, breathe out through the mouth). You focus on your candle flame and verbally state the question you just typed out.
6. Verbally (out loud) ask the question you already typed out. The reason for speaking out loud is that the spoken word is powerful.
7. Start writing. Whatever word, or group of words, come into your head, write it down. It doesn’t matter what the word is, or what the group of words are, type it. Don’t think about the word, don’t sit there marinating on it and go, “peanut? Why’d I hear the word ‘peanut’?? If you stop and focus on the weird/bizarre words you heard, you’ll lose part of the reading!
*** With each word or group of words, you will feel a brief ‘pause’–this is the time to hit the ‘enter’ key and start a new line for the next word/sentence. Don’t worry if you don’t hear or feel a pause. If you find you end up with one big paragraph of what initially looks like jibberish words thrown together, that’s fine.
8. You continue to write the words, groups of words, descriptions of pictures and feelings as long as you keep hearing words or seeing pictures. Once you ‘feel’ a long pause–without any more specific words coming to you–that question has been answered. If you have more questions, leave a line in between the last words you wrote and you new question. Type in the next question, go back to step #5 and start again.
*** IMPORTANT: IF you have more than one question, DO NOT go back and read what you typed out on the first question until you have completed your automatic writing on ALL of your questions!!! Some people get so curious and excited, they want to go back and read what they wrote. This is a no-no. Why? Because from the time you begin focusing on that candle and type your first word, you’re brain is switching gears. You’re going from Beta waves (alert/working) to Alpha or Theta (relaxed/meditative). You want your mind to stay in that ‘zoned out’ place because that is where the true automatic writing reading comes from. If you take the conscious action of going back over what you typed for the first question, you ‘jerk’ your brain back into the Beta state which is a high alert state. Once someone ‘jerks’ their mind from a relaxed, meditative state back into the real conscious world, it is more difficult to get back to the relaxed, meditative state you were lulled into while doing the automatic writing.
** This is also the reason why you should have prepared for your session by figuring out what questions you wanted to ask before you began doing your automatic writing for the first question!
9. After typing out the complete answer to your last question, you’re done! NOW feel free to look at what you wrote! Not all that you write will make sense to you at that time. Heck, most of what you write won’t make sense to you directly after you write it, but save the document so that you can refer back to it. It is not uncommon for this reading to be the answer to situations that occur a month or more later (and then, if you look back at what you wrote, you’ll find you wrote out the answers a month or three months before it ever happened!)
10. Save your work. If you lose the work, you may get answers again, but they won’t be the exact same answers. They never are. I’ll talk more about this later, b/c talking about it now would only confuse you.
** In saving your AWR’s–I always tell people to create a folder just for their automatic writing readings. If you know you’re going to be doing this on an ongoing basis, this is an especially good idea!! Title the folder anything you want, but when you save your reading, save it by the date (ie: 110911, 121711, etc). This is so that when you go back to look at the readings, you can choose which reading to open by the date that’s listed as the file name–you won’t have to ‘hunt’ for a specific reading that was around a certain time frame you’re interested in, because all of the file names are the date the reading was conducted. For anyone who is writing out their auto-writing readings via pen & paper, do it in a notebook that is used only for these readings so it will end up being like a diary.
Here is a link to an example of an old automatic writing reading that I did, so you can get a visual idea of what one will look like
Here is a link to an entry that lists just the steps with no explanation, so that you can see the steps without the long explanations in between.
I’m also going to do another entry on some extra tips about Automatic Writing Readings, but I’m too tired to do it tonight, so I’ll put it up later in the week. The extra tips aren’t essential to you being able to do you test run on an AWR, they are just tips that people may want if they are going to be doing AWR’s on a regular basis.
Posts tagged ‘psychic’
This is a ‘just the facts’ entry on how to do what I call an Automatic Writing Reading (AWR). I only wrote this as a quick view, or short printable guide, for people who have read the explanation and understand the ‘how to’ portion of the program, but do not have the steps memorized.
If you are on this page but haven’t read the blog entry with the detailed explanation of what I consider to be an AWR, you would be much better served by going to that entry first. It has all of the steps listed below, but also gives an explanation of each step, along with a tip or two regarding the steps.
Here is a link to Detailed Explanation on AWRs
** The more detailed entry also advises that this is just my version of what an AWR is–I am by no means an authority on the subject, nor do I even know if the method I use is actually correct when it comes to the real definition of an AWR. I only know the method I use works, and I call it Automatic Writing because that is how I view what I do when I use the steps below.
Here are my steps:
1. Get some place quiet, no distractions.
2. Find a ‘focal point’ somewhere in the room you are in.
3. Open a blank word document on your computer. **If you can’t type, then use a piece of paper and a pen.
4. Type out the date at the top of the document, skip a line, then type out your first question.
5. Look at your focal point as you take 3 meditative breaths, (in through nose, out through mouth).
6. Verbally (out loud) ask the question you typed out.
7. Start typing. Whatever word comes in your head, put it on paper, along with every word, picture of feeling you get thereafter.
8. Continue to write until you don’t hear any more words. Once you ‘feel’ a long pause without any more specific words coming to you, that question has been answered.
9. If you have more questions, hit enter twice to skip a line, type in the next question, and start at step #5 again.
10. After your last question has been answered, you’re done! NOW you can look at everything you wrote.
** Remember to save the file so you don’t lose your work!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments. I love hearing about peoples first experience with this! Not only do I get a kick out of the different reactions, but I also get so excited when people discover something new (and fun) that they never thought they could do!
So if and when you decide to try this, I’d love, love, love to hear back from you on your experience!
Because any actions you take of a spiritual or magickal nature can have such a large effect on your life, I like to try to forewarn people.
In the future I will write more detailed articles on each of the warnings that follow, but let me throw out some general warnings here.
#1. Meditation. Always, always, always be aware and in control of where your spirit is drifting off to. Protect yourself spiritually. When some people first begin meditating, they do not realize they can separate their spirit from their physical body. To those who end up accidentally separating the two, the experience can cause a lil freak out session. Even if it only happens for the span of a heart beat–freak out city! Then, there are those who do not protect their spirit (and body) from coming into contact with unwanted entities that exist in the non-corporeal realm. Again, not a pleasant experience if this were to happen to you and you weren’t expecting it (and had not protected yourself from it).
The average person probably doesn’t have to worry about this. Very few people are strong enough on an energetic level to separate spirit from body during a meditation; unless they intentionally try to. However, suppose you are one of those “few” and just didn’t know it?
#2. Before you try to perform any ritual, know how to protect yourself. Magick works. When people work rituals (aka: perform spells), they are using physical tools to effect energy. The worker is basically guiding, or redirecting, the flow of energy. In a sense, anyone who performs rituals is entering the spiritual realm. The “wall” that separates our physical world from the spiritual world is kinda thin. You perform a ritual, you are creating an opening in that wall. The opening allows all kinds of lil nasties to come through into the physical realm. Those lil evil spirits will then begin to redirect your life in negative ways you never thought possible! So first order of business before attempting to cast any ritual, know how to create a protective circle and know how to dismantle that circle!!!
#3. There are all kinds of “quick spells” for people to buy these days.
Everyone wants a quick fix. Cool. I’m with you! Why take a horse and buggy if a private jet is available? But….using the much-publicized “quick spells” is like me handing you a pill and saying, “here. take it. it will make you lose weight no matter what you eat!” You don’t know what is in the pill, what the side effects are, and you only have my word that it is just going to make you lose weight. Would you swallow the pill?
Quick spell kits are like that. You try to take the easy road and perform one of these “quick spells,” without fully understanding what you are doing, there may just be some side effects you do not want to deal with!
#4. The words that come out of your mouth create your life.
I am constantly coming into contact with people who “speak into existence” that which they do not want. My left eyelid practically starts twitching with the need to make them aware of what they are doing.
Here are examples that either you say or you hear others say, on a regular basis:
* “I can’t lose weight. Nothing I try works!” (and your cute lil chunky butt could be given the Holy Grail of diet pills & guess what–you would not lose one single ounce!)
* “I hate my job. I need a new job! I hate coming here!” (at some point–you are going to lose that job. And if you haven’t prepared, you’re going to be freaked out when it happens!)
* “He’s cheating on me. I know he’s cheating on me!” (and….guess what? Even if he’s not cheating now, you keep saying that–it’s gonna happen!)
I’ll bet in just reading this lil warning you can think back and find where you complained (or worried) out loud about something and then it later happened. So stop now. Retrain your mouth before you create anything else you do not want.
****As a side note, when performing rituals, you are told to be very specific in what you say during that ritual!!! There is a very good reason for that!
#5. You can call it whatever name you need to call it–
“Energy work,” “Candle work,” “Visualization using incense and candles,” etc. But let’s take the clothing off of the pig here, shall we?
When a person focuses their energy, visualizes, stares at a candle flame and projects energy outward….they are doing a ritual, aka: a spell!
Now, if you are the type of person who has “issues” with performing spells, then you have absolutely no business doing any kind of energy work, candle work, or visualization work, or whatever other term you want to try to use to avoid owning the fact that you are doing a spell!
See, I call a “spell” by the old name–ritual. But I do know I am performing what most would term as a “spell.” The people I’m addressing with this warning are the one’s who would tell me, “Well, I haven’t done any spell work, but…..I have been doing some energy work on him…”. And when I hear this, my response is, “uh-huh…sister, you call it what you want, but that’s a spell. You can dress a pig up in a tuxedo and pretend it’s not a pig, but when that pig gets nekked, it’s gonna be a pig!”
(I’ve lived in the South to long. Can you tell?)
#6. A lot of people are performing rituals–or having rituals performed for them–in order to get a specific person to commit to them in a romantic relationship.
* May I first say: Karma. It’s a bitch. It is a BIG bitch! You are messing with someone else’s Free Will by using a ritual to force that person to do something you want them to do. If that person did not give you permission to mess with their free will, well, as Boss Hogg was known for saying, “there is gonna be consequences and repercussions.”
* Second, you are energetically tying yourself to that particular person. So at some point in the future, say you and this person part ways. Did you know that you will still feel tied to them, even after they have moved on or moved away. YOU will be unable to “move on” as the other person does. Why? Because you tied yourself to him in a much more serious way than a marriage certificate would do. You tied your spirit to theirs. Unless undone with another ritual (that you better pray works!), you could be tied to that person for years, and yes, even decades.
* Third, do you really want a man (or woman) that you have to force to be with you? And if you are of the mindset of “yes because if he/she will just be with me, they will fall in love and want to be with me on their own.” Okay. Now. Come back to reality. If one goes to the extent of forcing another to their will through rituals, then one is also prone to excessive worry, doubts, negative thinking, and insecurity. So saying: you may be able to be with that person via that ritual, but will you ever have any peace of mind? Will you ever feel secure with them? If you believe your answer is yes, then cool. On with the ritual!
* Fourth: a little known fact. It is something that people who have knowledge and experience in casting spells know, but most of the people who pay to have spells cast do not know–you can perform a ritual to make someone do something. But it is not permanent. The compulsion this other person feels will wear off. So you have to keep doing the ritual, forever and ever, amen. Plan on it.
Okay, I think that’s it for now. But I reserve the right to add to the list whenever I happen to remember another warning (as I invariably will since I am so bad at remembering every thing I need to tell people all at one time!).
“Who are you that you feel qualified to give others information on spirituality and magick?”
I think this is a funny question but I do get asked this a lot. And I’m not anyone important, really. I don’t have any fancy titles or letters behind my name. I don’t have a degree from any university on the subjects of metaphysics, spirituality, or magick. I’ve never attended any seminars or classes on any of the subjects, either.
I am seriously horrible at following other people’s teachings. Being who I am, I have trouble paying attention to teachers and reading books on the subjects often bore me (I have severe ADD & am very easily distracted, which, then turns to boredom). Any books you see me suggest here? I’ve made myself read a chapter here or there because I needed material to suggest to other people on their Spiritual and/or Magickal quest. Additionally, most of the books you’ll see on my “Suggested Reading” pages are usually books dealing with “tools of the trade.” My ADD-riddled butt does much better with those kind of books because I can just hunt for what’s relevant and not have to read the whole darned thing!
The knowledge and experience I have to date regarding spirituality and magick began with searching for answers about myself and my Gifts. I was born with several psychic Gifts, including the Gift of Mediumship. As I was growing up I made enough FUBARs using my Gifts that I started searching for information (in hopes that I’d stop making FUBARS!) and searching for people like myself. I didn’t end up finding anyone like me (this was in the age before computers & Google) but I did find a Witch. In knowing the Witch, I discovered that, to a degree, magick tends to go hand-in-hand with psychic gifts, on certain levels. So in my quest to learn about myself, I also began learning about magick.
So. I’ve said all that to say: My qualifications, so to speak, are from my own experiences. I do not claim to be the “end-all-be-all” authority on the subjects I write about. I am merely imparting information I’ve gained, and some of my life experiences, in hopes of helping those who are seeking knowledge.
All those emotions, all those mood swings…
It is my belief that Empathic skills and Clair-sentience are the most prevalent psychic gifts in our society. It is also my belief that these two gifts are the ones that most often go unidentified by the people who have them and even by other psychics (a true psychic normally recognizes the energy of another psychic). I often wonder how many people who have been diagnosed with depression or anxiety disorders are actually Empaths or Clairsentients.
*** VERY interesting side note here: It is my belief that many unidentified (or even identified) Empaths & Clairsentients also have addictive behaviors like food, drugs, alcohol, gambling, etc. This, I believe, is because the addictive behavior is an outlet for the emotions these unidentified gifted people have but can’t deal with–so they find another outlet for it and the addiction momentarily allows them to ignore what they don’t understand and don’t like feeling.
The most obvious sign of being a Clairsentient is when you are emotionally attached to someone; you can “feel” them, even at a distance. Even if you and the other person are at odds with one another, or maybe you’ve even ended your association with one another, you will still continue to feel them and feel a connection to them. In times when the person you are connected to may be going through emotional highs or lows, you will still feel them.
The best way I can describe it is: thoughts of that person will suddenly come to you, out of the blue. The thoughts will come to you as a sudden onslaught that you can’t get rid of, even though part of you may want to. Unless you take steps to sever the spiritual/energetic “tie” you inadvertently created during your association with this person, such occurrences will continue without warning. They can continue for years.
Clairsentience and Empathic skills are closely related but differ slightly.
The most obvious sign of being an Empath is when you are around other people, you take on the feelings of the people around you. If you are in a good mood and come into contact with someone who is sad, you will suddenly–inexplicably–become sad yourself. People unconsciously seek out Empaths. It is almost like the energy of a person who is in some sort of pain recognizes the energy of one (an Empath) who can relieve that pain. And the wounded will gravitate toward their cure (without being consciously aware they are doing so).
If you are someone people find it very easy to talk to (ie: “dump on”), you have Empathic traits. If you find yourself wanting to “fix” everyone else, but ignore your own needs, this too, is the sign of an Empath. If you find it easy to figure out other people’s emotions but largely ignore your own, this is yet another sign of an Empath.
Empaths are naturally sensitive emotionally. They take on the emotions of people around them.
Empaths also have difficulty expressing their emotions to other people. They largely keep what they feel to themselves. They are the “sacrificial lambs” of society. A lot of times, in their relationships (to include romantic, friendship, familial, professional), Empaths will be the one’s who sacrifice, get used, abused, or enable the co-dependent. Unless an Empath takes steps to prevent it, they will draw the short straw in every relationship they have.
Here are the traits of an Empath. (See if any of these sound familiar to you. If they do, I recommend researching how to control the skill):
* Random mood swings even though you have no idea why. You search for possible reasons why you may be feeling the way you do and attach labels that don’t really fit.
* In crowds, your emotions run high and change often–you get anxiety-ridden, panicky, frustrated, angry. You may want to be in a large crowd, but every time you are, you end up feeling tired (and it’s because you emotionally run a marathon of different emotions).
* People seek you out to confide in you
* People like being around you, but every time they are, they end up talking about their problems/issues while your problems/issues are rarely spoken of, if at all.
* You have a need to make everyone feel better/feel happier and you take steps to that end
* You somehow just “know” what people need to hear in order to feel better about themselves
* You have difficulty expressing your own emotions and much prefer to focus on someone else
* You often ignore people’s bad treatment of you–explaining it away because they need you, and on some level, that’s enough for you.
* You are the natural healer, helper & you always sacrifice for others. You NEED to help people.
* You are a magnet/receptacle for negative energy. Not because you started out feeling negative, but because people around you need a place to put their negative energy (and there you were, ready to receive it!).
* You don’t like feeling bad/down/negative/sad, but you feel resigned & believe it to be part of your lot in life
* You are the natural animal lover! You love animals–they make you feel happy and a love that feels like pure innocence.
* You are a “nature baby.” Being in the country, by the water, at the beach, a good rain storm, etc.–anything to do with nature brings you a sense of peace you simply crave.
Here are the traits of a Clairsentient (Clair-sen-tee-ent):
* You are highly sensitive to your surroundings. They cause swings in your emotions.
* When you go some place where large crowds are, you often get headaches, feel nauseous, or have other physical reactions
* If you go to places where violence, illness or extreme sadness has happened, again, your mood swings violently in direct proportion to what has occurred. You will also probably get throbbing headaches.
* You have an almost unreasonable desire to avoid going near or into places like hospitals, cemeteries, prisons, jails. You may even become a bit panicky if you have to go near them.
* You can “feel” the presence of spirits, but you don’t understand what you’re feeling nor do the spirits present themselves to you–you can just feel something “odd” when you are in a place where a spirit might be. (this is b/c you don’t have the gift of Mediumship which would allow you to see/speak with the spirit, but you can still feel the energy of the spirit that is present)
* You touch other people’s belongings and your emotions begin to inexplicably change
* You go to other people’s homes and your emotions begin to inexplicably change. You may even attribute it to not liking the people, but have no definitive reason why you don’t like them, you just don’t!
* You think of someone who is not around you, and you inexplicably know how they are feeling
* You think of someone who is not around you, and you inexplicably know something good or something bad is going to happen to them (this is knowing how that person will feel in the future, but if you do not have the gift of clairvoyance, you will not know what the event will be, you will just know how they are going to feel about it whenever “it” happens)
* You have the weird talent of “distance healing.” (and probably don’t know it, lol). You talk to someone over the phone and they feel better whereas you feel worse. Or, you think of someone at a distance and begin to feel worse. You later talk to this person and find out they were thinking of you and felt better afterward.
* You can feel other people’s pain. You even feel the location of the pain on their body. Sometimes you will take on that feeling within your own body (and it freaks you out, lol).
Most of what you’ve just read doesn’t sound overly positive, does it? Now do you see why the “gifts” of being Clairsentient and/or Empathic are both a gift and a curse? These two gifts actually can be very positive, if recognized and channeled properly. A positive aspect of Empaths and Clairsentients is that they can pick up the positive emotions people have and “siphon” those positive emotions off of others and begin to feel positive themselves. Siphoning other people’s emotions off of them is what an Empath or Clairsentient does anyway, so why not derive some enjoyment out of it by siphoning the positive rather than just the negative? After all, it does not harm the other person if you begin to feel good / happy, nor does it take away the other person’s happiness or joy.
Also, after having read all of the aforementioned, one can see where some people who have been diagnosed with depression or anxiety or a panic disorder could have been misdiagnosed. I am not a doctor by any stretch of the imagination, nor am I suggesting you stop taking your medication if you are on any. What I am suggesting is that you do some research because you may just find there’s not anything “wrong” with you other than you were given a gift that no one ever told you that you had. You also may find yourself on a new path–one of peace and happiness.
We Empaths and Clairsentients are the healers of the world. Society needs us. The gifts given to us were given for a greater purpose than our own personal lives. It is not often “fair” that we have these gifts. It isn’t even “fun,” for the most part, unless you can come to an understanding of your purpose and be at peace with it. You were chosen. It’s that simple.
Once realized, the gifts seem to cause you to start a path for the “greater good.” Again, it doesn’t seem fair. However, if you have these gifts and refuse to acknowledge them, your life will continue to be riddled with sadness, depression, loss, and negativity–where you always seem to end up “the loser.” So if you recognize yourself in either of the descriptions above, I implore you to seek knowledge on how to control your gift so you can live a life of peace and happiness rather than upset and loneliness. There can be balance. Seek it.
What if you were told some of the negative thoughts and some of the negative emotions you had were not your own? What if you were told that at least a portion of the actions you’ve taken, that resulted in harmful personal experiences, were not actions you had taken of your own Free Will? What if you were told there was some invisible succubus compelling you to say things, do things, that caused you pain? Would you believe? What would it take to make you believe? And if you began to believe, would you be willing to take the steps to protect yourself from the entities so that they could no longer effect your thoughts and actions? This book addresses those issues. It also addresses how to build a shield to protect yourself.
I like this book for the simple fact that in reading it, most people begin to experience an “awareness” of the spiritual realm they didn’t have before. In turn, a curiosity to dig further and investigate more develops within the reader. While a few readers will discover they have experienced some of the more bizarre and seemingly impossible occurrences Bruce writes of, most will just realize that developing a psychic shield has it’s merits. The latter will then be able to hone in on the best method of psychic self defense for them (whether it is by using Bruce’s teachings or another’s).
I am hesitant to recommend this book to a “beginner” for the simple fact that near the mid-point (and going toward the end) of the book, the author begins to detail ideas and experiences that would seem outlandish and sci-fi oriented to the general public. However, what seems crazy to those without knowledge and experience makes perfect sense to those who have personally experienced some of Bruce’s claims. So although I am hesitant to suggest this book, I think the information contained within it’s pages is important. People need to understand what can happen if they do not protect themselves.
See, a lot of people believe in the devil, believe in demons, but they are unaware there are different types of demons. Some demons are merely blobs of energy that feed off negative emotions. These negative entities (henceforth referred to as “Negs”) want to be in the physical realm that we humans live in but they cannot because they do not have the physical bodies we have. So in order to stick around, they have to feed. Their food is negative emotion. They are “energy parasites.” Feeding does not allow them to take physical form, but they have the next best thing in being able to hang out in our world via attaching themselves to humans.
Negs neither want to kill you, nor do they want to “devour your soul.” No. They want your life to be long-lasting and as miserable as possible so they can keep feeding off of you and stay where they want to be–in our physical world. Someone who does not have a “defensive shield” built around them would be easy prey for these Negs to feed on. Someone who has psychic ability but is unaware of that psychic ability, is more likely to attract Negs. Psychics have a higher energy vibration; causing a larger energy output. Just as a lion would prefer a fat gazelle to one that was skinny, so do Negs. In the non-corporeal world, psychic energy is similar to a beacon of light in the dark. The Negs are drawn to the light. The brighter the light, the bigger the target you are. So the Negs seek out the people with psychic ability. Empaths and Clairsentients are particularly vulnerable to Negs.
Since Empathics and Clairsentients (see my other blog entry on traits of an Empath or Clairsentient) are the least recognized psychic talents, they do not recognize their “gifts” and do not realize their heightened vulnerability. They do not know they need the “defensive shield.” Therefore, Negs come into their lives, cling to them, and feed off of them by creating negative emotions which cause the Empaths/Clairsentients to take the negative actions that create negative situations, and negative circumstances.
When a person takes an action they know they shouldn’t take because it will most likely cause a negative outcome, a Neg will be that little voice in a person’s head that says, “screw it–I’m doing it anyway!” And then, when the action the person took turns out badly (thereby causing the person to feel sad, depressed, angry, worse about themselves), more negative emotion in the person is produced. The Neg feeds off of that excessive emotion.
A good example that I often see of negative behavior or action that causes a negative situation: people who begin (or stay in) relationships that make them feel bad about themselves.
A detailed example: when a woman first starts dating a man she feels a compulsion to hurry up and secure that relationship. So she constantly calls (or texts) that man–even when the man doesn’t respond. She calls him once and receives no answer. So she calls again. No answer. She waits, calls a friend and talks about the man not answering and what it could possibly mean. Then she waits some more. Still no answer from him, so she “accidentally” call again (I believe the new phrase is “ass dialing”). He finally answers. He says he wants to see her. Whew! What a relief she feels! So she sees him, then he disappears again. In her rational mind, the woman knows this man is not treating her right. Heck, she doesn’t even know if she really even wants that particular man!–but the increasing negative emotions she feels compels her t to keep “chasing” that man down. This merry-g0-round relationship continues for several months before ending. Then, this woman will continue to meet new men where the same exact cycle happens. Thus providing an “endless buffet” of negative emotion for the Neg to feed off of.
** If you didn’t see the roller coaster of emotions that occur within people who have these types of relationships, go back and read that again. Look at all of the anxiety, frustration, fear, doubt, self-doubt, low self esteem, anger, etc, etc, that such a situation would cause! That’s a lot of energy for the Neg to feed off of.
Now. Could it be that women who have these type of relationship cycles just have some emotional issues (baggage) that makes them continue to pick crappy men who always treat them bad? Yes. But, could they also have a Neg “attached” to them who compels the woman to take actions that cause negative emotion so the Neg can keep feeding? Yes. In considering such a possibility, I often wonder how many people that have been diagnosed (or left undiagnosed) with some mental/emotional issue really do not have an issue at all. For that matter, how many negative habits and/or addictions truly belong to (or began with) the individual? I wonder how many are really just plagued by a Neg…or two…or three. To quote Shakespeare, “there are more things in Heaven and Earth…”
I am not making excuses for people’s ill-behavior or for habits/addictions people have. I am just considering the possibility that the behavior, habit or addiction a person has was induced by a Neg. There is no way to know for sure. It would be nice if the entire world could be explained by what we can physically see and touch, but 99% of the world’s population knows that is not the case. So we just do not know. Humans are still learning about all of the possibilities regarding how the non-physical effects our physical world. So. How would you know there is a Neg around you? Well, you can’t, not for sure. It’s not like you can say “Hello? Neg? Are you there?” and they’ll answer you (by the way–if you try such a thing and you receive an answer–you have a much bigger problem on your hands than a Neg or two).
If you find that you often take action(s) you logically know you shouldn’t, but still take the action (or feel overwhelmingly compelled to) anyway, it is quite possible you are being given a nudge to create a negative situation by a Neg. It is also possible you are receiving the compulsion for action from another person (and perceiving it as your own), but that is another topic in and of itself.
As for “defensive shields,” I believe it is a must-have for all people, but most especially those who have psychic abilities. Some people may feel differently but speaking for myself, I would rather be “safe than sorry.” I have a veritable steel wall around me that I keep in place–against Negs and anything or any body that might try to infiltrate without my consent. Because of how I’m made up, I have to have it in place. I learned that early in life, long before this book was written by Mr. Bruce.
The information you find in the author’s work is an eye-opening experience. In recommending this book to people, I am not saying it is the end-all-be-all on the subject of psychic self defense. What I am saying is that it is a good start in understanding the concept and an easy read for those who are unfamiliar with how the non-corporeal can effect our physical lives. As a rule, I would never take just one person’s teachings and pattern my life around those teachings. But I firmly believe the average person should have a psychic shield up and that goes doubly for anyone who has any type of psychic abilities.
Even if one bought the book and just read the first few chapters, it would have been money well spent!