Because any actions you take of a spiritual or magickal nature can have such a large effect on your life, I like to try to forewarn people.
In the future I will write more detailed articles on each of the warnings that follow, but let me throw out some general warnings here.
#1. Meditation. Always, always, always be aware and in control of where your spirit is drifting off to. Protect yourself spiritually. When some people first begin meditating, they do not realize they can separate their spirit from their physical body. To those who end up accidentally separating the two, the experience can cause a lil freak out session. Even if it only happens for the span of a heart beat–freak out city! Then, there are those who do not protect their spirit (and body) from coming into contact with unwanted entities that exist in the non-corporeal realm. Again, not a pleasant experience if this were to happen to you and you weren’t expecting it (and had not protected yourself from it).
The average person probably doesn’t have to worry about this. Very few people are strong enough on an energetic level to separate spirit from body during a meditation; unless they intentionally try to. However, suppose you are one of those “few” and just didn’t know it?
#2. Before you try to perform any ritual, know how to protect yourself. Magick works. When people work rituals (aka: perform spells), they are using physical tools to effect energy. The worker is basically guiding, or redirecting, the flow of energy. In a sense, anyone who performs rituals is entering the spiritual realm. The “wall” that separates our physical world from the spiritual world is kinda thin. You perform a ritual, you are creating an opening in that wall. The opening allows all kinds of lil nasties to come through into the physical realm. Those lil evil spirits will then begin to redirect your life in negative ways you never thought possible! So first order of business before attempting to cast any ritual, know how to create a protective circle and know how to dismantle that circle!!!
#3. There are all kinds of “quick spells” for people to buy these days.
Everyone wants a quick fix. Cool. I’m with you! Why take a horse and buggy if a private jet is available? But….using the much-publicized “quick spells” is like me handing you a pill and saying, “here. take it. it will make you lose weight no matter what you eat!” You don’t know what is in the pill, what the side effects are, and you only have my word that it is just going to make you lose weight. Would you swallow the pill?
Quick spell kits are like that. You try to take the easy road and perform one of these “quick spells,” without fully understanding what you are doing, there may just be some side effects you do not want to deal with!
#4. The words that come out of your mouth create your life.
I am constantly coming into contact with people who “speak into existence” that which they do not want. My left eyelid practically starts twitching with the need to make them aware of what they are doing.
Here are examples that either you say or you hear others say, on a regular basis:
* “I can’t lose weight. Nothing I try works!” (and your cute lil chunky butt could be given the Holy Grail of diet pills & guess what–you would not lose one single ounce!)
* “I hate my job. I need a new job! I hate coming here!” (at some point–you are going to lose that job. And if you haven’t prepared, you’re going to be freaked out when it happens!)
* “He’s cheating on me. I know he’s cheating on me!” (and….guess what? Even if he’s not cheating now, you keep saying that–it’s gonna happen!)
I’ll bet in just reading this lil warning you can think back and find where you complained (or worried) out loud about something and then it later happened. So stop now. Retrain your mouth before you create anything else you do not want.
****As a side note, when performing rituals, you are told to be very specific in what you say during that ritual!!! There is a very good reason for that!
#5. You can call it whatever name you need to call it–
“Energy work,” “Candle work,” “Visualization using incense and candles,” etc. But let’s take the clothing off of the pig here, shall we?
When a person focuses their energy, visualizes, stares at a candle flame and projects energy outward….they are doing a ritual, aka: a spell!
Now, if you are the type of person who has “issues” with performing spells, then you have absolutely no business doing any kind of energy work, candle work, or visualization work, or whatever other term you want to try to use to avoid owning the fact that you are doing a spell!
See, I call a “spell” by the old name–ritual. But I do know I am performing what most would term as a “spell.” The people I’m addressing with this warning are the one’s who would tell me, “Well, I haven’t done any spell work, but…..I have been doing some energy work on him…”. And when I hear this, my response is, “uh-huh…sister, you call it what you want, but that’s a spell. You can dress a pig up in a tuxedo and pretend it’s not a pig, but when that pig gets nekked, it’s gonna be a pig!”
(I’ve lived in the South to long. Can you tell?)
#6. A lot of people are performing rituals–or having rituals performed for them–in order to get a specific person to commit to them in a romantic relationship.
* May I first say: Karma. It’s a bitch. It is a BIG bitch! You are messing with someone else’s Free Will by using a ritual to force that person to do something you want them to do. If that person did not give you permission to mess with their free will, well, as Boss Hogg was known for saying, “there is gonna be consequences and repercussions.”
* Second, you are energetically tying yourself to that particular person. So at some point in the future, say you and this person part ways. Did you know that you will still feel tied to them, even after they have moved on or moved away. YOU will be unable to “move on” as the other person does. Why? Because you tied yourself to him in a much more serious way than a marriage certificate would do. You tied your spirit to theirs. Unless undone with another ritual (that you better pray works!), you could be tied to that person for years, and yes, even decades.
* Third, do you really want a man (or woman) that you have to force to be with you? And if you are of the mindset of “yes because if he/she will just be with me, they will fall in love and want to be with me on their own.” Okay. Now. Come back to reality. If one goes to the extent of forcing another to their will through rituals, then one is also prone to excessive worry, doubts, negative thinking, and insecurity. So saying: you may be able to be with that person via that ritual, but will you ever have any peace of mind? Will you ever feel secure with them? If you believe your answer is yes, then cool. On with the ritual!
* Fourth: a little known fact. It is something that people who have knowledge and experience in casting spells know, but most of the people who pay to have spells cast do not know–you can perform a ritual to make someone do something. But it is not permanent. The compulsion this other person feels will wear off. So you have to keep doing the ritual, forever and ever, amen. Plan on it.
Okay, I think that’s it for now. But I reserve the right to add to the list whenever I happen to remember another warning (as I invariably will since I am so bad at remembering every thing I need to tell people all at one time!).